Table of Contents
- UPSC Civil Services Selection Process & Exam Pattern
- UPSC Pre Exam Pattern
- UPSC Mains Exam Pattern
- UPSC Personality Test Interview
- UPSC Civil Services Pre & Mains Syllabus 2022 PDF Download in Hindi & English
- UPSC IAS IPS Syllabus FAQ
In this post we will discuss about UPSC IAS IPS Syllabus 2022 in English & Hindi [Pre + Mains] in detail and all the download resources are available at interviewquestionssurvey. Books, PDF and all other study materials can be downloaded from here in Hindi or English.
UPSC Civil Services Selection Process & Exam Pattern
Friends, who do not know, I would like to tell for their information that UPSC Civil Services Selection Process is mainly completed in 4 stages, which I have explained in detail below.
- UPSC Pre Exam ( UPSC Pre Exam )
- UPSC Mains Exam ( UPSC Main Exam )
- UPSC Interview ( UPSC Interview )
- UPSC Document Verification ( UPSC Document Verification )
Best Books For UPSC 2022 Must Check ( Pre + Mains )
|Latest NCERT for UPSC , State PCS||Check Here|
|26 Years UPSC Prelims Solved Paper||Check Here|
|IAS Mains Chapterwise Solved Papers||Check Here|
|Fundamentals of Essay and Answer Writing||Check Here|
|Indian Art and Culture for Civil Services||Check Here|
|Indian Polity For Civil Services||Check Here|
|INDIAN ECONOMY For Civil Services||Check Here|
|A Brief History o f Modern India||Check Here|
|History of medieval India & History of Modern India||Check Here|
|Orient BlackSwan School Atlas – 8th Edition||Check Here|
|Certificate Physical And Human Geography||Check Here|
UPSC Pre Exam Pattern
UPSC I would like to state that there are two compulsory papers in the Preliminary Examination, Paper I (General Studies) and Paper-II (Civil Services Aptitude Test). ) IAS Prelims exam is conducted for two hours and each paper carries a total of 200 marks. IAS question paper of Preliminary exam is set in both English and Hindi language
|IAS Prelims (UPSC Preliminary)|
|Exam duration||Each paper 2 hours or 120 minutes (extra time of 20 minutes for blind candidates).|
|Total No. of||Questions Paper I- 100 Questions, Paper-II- 80 Questions|
|Total Marks||Maximum 400 Marks|
|Questions||Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Scheme||Paper I- 200 Marks Paper-II- 200 Marks|
|Negative Marking||Allocated to the Question 1/3 will be deducted from each wrong answer|
|Mode of Examination||Hindi and English|
The criterion of evaluation in Preliminary Examination to determine the cutoff Minimum qualifying marks in General Studies Paper-II of Preliminary Examination is 33% and Preliminary Examination will be based on the total qualifying marks of General Studies Paper-I of the exam.
UPSC Mains Exam Pattern
Friends, for the information of those who do not know, I would like to tell that there will be 9 papers in the main exam out of which 2 are qualifying language papers and 2 optional papers. Huh. Each paper will be of 3 hours duration. The total marks for each paper will be 250 marks while the language paper will be of 300 marks. Prepare for IAS Mains Exam.
- Those who qualify for the main examination as per the cut-off fixed by the commission will be called for interview session or personality test which will also be considered for merit calculation. Check IAS Main Exam Syllabus
- Candidate will be selected on the basis of career record and some common questions related to job profile will be asked to test the knowledge and personality traits of the candidate.
- Marks obtained in Main Examination and Interview Session will determine the reasons for selection of the candidate, thereafter no merit list or cut-off will be issued
|IAS Exam Main Examination|
|Exam Duration||Each paper will be of 3 hours duration|
|Total Marks||Maximum 1750 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||Paper I- 250 Marks for Paper VII and|
UPSC Personality Test Interview
For those students who pass are called for UPSC Personality Test or Interview, and the most important stage to get admitted in All India Services is Personality Test. The candidates who qualify for the main examination are called to face the Union Public Service Commission’s board of judges who judge them on the basis of several factors.
- These factors include mental alertness, vital powers of assimilation, clarity and clarity. Logical interpretation, balance of judgment, diversity and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity as well as some of the technical skills required in the job profile are included. The candidate is chosen by the IAS IPS Interview Preparation
- Technique of the interview is not a strict cross-examination but natural, directed and purposeful conversation which intends to reveal the mental qualities of the candidate.
- The interview session is conducted for 275 marks and no qualifying marks are listed by the commission to clear it.
- The skills presented in the career profile should be shown in front of the board members to score good marks in the personality test.
- The final selection will be done by combining the marks of Main Exam and Interview session.
UPSC Civil Services Pre & Mains Syllabus 2022 PDF Download in Hindi & English
Friends, from here you can read UPSC Pre and Mains Syllabus PDF 2022 in Hindi & English as well as download it
- Main Exam For the selection of candidates for the Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- for the selection of candidates for the various services and posts mentioned in the official notification for the Civil Services Main Examination (Written and Interview)
1. UPSC Preliminary Syllabus
Note :- In the Preliminary Examination There are two objective type papers carrying maximum 400 marks
1. General Studies Paper-I Syllabus
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demography, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – which do not require subject experts
- General Science
2. General Studies Paper-II Syllabus
Note :- It consists of 80 questions from the following topics carrying maximum 200 marks to be solved in 2 hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- general mental ability.
- Basic Numeracy (numbers and their relationships, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X Level), Data Interpretation (Charts, Graphs, Tables, Data Sufficiency, etc. – Class X Level)
2. UPSC Main Exam Syllabus
Guys Below I have given below chart. Through this, the UPSC Main Exam Syllabus is explained in full detail, which you can read and get the information, which you should know before starting the preparation.
|Paper-A||One of the Indian Languages to be chosen by the candidate from among the languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution||300|
|Counted for Merit|
|Paper-II||General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)||250|
|Paper-III||General Studies-II (Governance, Constitution, Politics, Social Justice and International Relations)||250|
|Paper-IV||Genera Studies-III (Technology, Economic Development, Biotechnology-Diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)||250|
|Paper-V||General Studies-IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)||250|
|VI||Optional Subjects – Paper 1||250|
|VII||Optional Subjects – Paper 2||250|
|Sub Total (Written Test)||1750|
- Paper in Indian Languages and English (Paper A and Paper B) will be of qualifying nature and marks obtained in those papers will not be counted for ranking
- Papers in Indian Languages and English (Paper A and Paper B) will be of Matriculation or equivalent level
- The question paper of Essay, General Studies and Optional Subject will be taken into consideration only of those candidates who secure 25% marks in ‘Indian Language’ and 25% in ‘English’ as minimum qualifying standards in these qualifying papers
- Marks obtained by the candidates only for Paper I-VII will be counted for merit ranking
- The question papers of the main examination will be of conventional (essay) type and each paper will be of 3 hours duration
- The candidates will have the option to answer all the question papers, except the qualifying language papers, Paper-A and Paper-B, in any one language included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India or in English
- Question papers (other than literature of language papers) will be set in Hindi and English only
- Compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour will be allowed for blind candidates and candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy, where the major (writing) limb is affected to the extent of slowing down the performance of the function (minimum 40% loss) Civil Services In both (Preliminary) and Civil Services (Main) Examination
UPSC IAS IPS Syllabus FAQ
Can we read IAS IPS Syllabus in Hindi & English from here?
Yes, you can read IAS / IPS Syllabus in Hindi & English from here.
Can we download UPSC Pre & Mains Syllabus PDF in Hindi & English?
Yes, you can download UPSC Pre & Mains Syllabus PDF in Hindi & English from here.
I hope that you have understood this article very well and you must have got the answers to all those questions related to it in your mind, but still if you have any other question related to this in your mind then you You can ask me in the comment box below, I will definitely answer your questions.