Table of Contents
- UPPSC Selection Process & Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Mains Exam Pattern
- UPPSC Interview Pattern
- UPPSC Syllabus 2022 PDF in English and Hindi
- 1.UPPSC Prelims Syllabus
- 2.UPPSC Syllabus Mains
- UPPSC Syllabus FAQ
In this post we will discuss about UPPSC Syllabus 2022 PDF in English and Hindi [Pre + Mains] in detail and all the download resources are available at interviewquestionssurvey. Books, PDF and all other study materials can be downloaded from here in Hindi or English.
UPPSC Selection Process & Exam Pattern
Friends, I would like to tell you that the selection process of UPPSC is mainly completed in 3 phases, which I have explained in detail below.
- Prelims (Prelims)
UPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern
Friends, here I have explained the UPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern in full detail in the table and important points which you can read from here.
- UPPSC’s exam is conducted in offline mode.
- UPPSC’s exam is OMR basis.
- In UPPSC’s exam, 200 questions are asked
- , all the questions of UPPSC are of multiple choice type. There
- are 2 papers in UPPSC Pre’s exam and both the papers in the same day.The
- The first paper is of 150 marks (General Studies I)
- second paper is of 100 marks (General Studies II, CSAT)
- is a negative marking of 0.33 in the
|exam UPPSC Preliminary Exam Syllabus||Marks|
|Paper 1: General Studies I||150 marks|
|Paper 2: General Studies II (CSAT)||100 marks|
UPPSC Mains Exam Pattern
Friends, here we have explained the UPPSC Mains Exam Pattern in full detail through tables and important points which you can download from here.
- This exam is offline, paper + pen based
- , this exam is of full 1500 marks, there
- are 8 subjects under the exam, the
- exam time is under 9.30 AM – 12.30 AM to 2 PM – 5 PM
Note :- UPPSC new exam As per the pattern, candidates now have to select only one optional subject (2 paper) from the given list of
|UPPSC Main Exam||Marks|
|General Hindi||150 marks|
|General Studies I||200 marks|
|General Studies II||200 marks|
|General Studies III||200 marks|
|General Studies IV||200 marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 1||200 marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 2||200 marks|
UPPSC Interview Pattern
Friends, who do not know, I would like to tell you that only those students are called for UPPSC Interview Students who have passed the Pre + Mains exam.
Note-1 : This is the final round of the UPPSC exam. Candidates who qualify the main exam will be called for a Personnel Interview. The interview will be of 100 marks. The candidates are interviewed by a board appointed by the UPPSC.
Note 2- : The object of the interview is to examine the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in the State Services by a board of competent and impartial observers
Note 3 – : In the personality test, his/her academic Apart from studying, candidates must be aware of the matters happening within and outside their state or country
Note 4 – : The interview is an objective conversation aimed at ascertaining the mental qualities and analytical ability of the candidate
|UPPSC Interview||Personality Test/ Interview||100 marks|
Best Books For UPPSC 2022 Must Check (Pre + Mains)
|Latest NCERT for UPSC , State PCS||Check Here|
|26 Years UPSC Prelims Solved Paper||Check Here|
|IAS Mains Chapterwise Solved Papers||Check Here|
|Fundamentals of Essay and Answer Writing||Check Here|
|Indian Art and Culture for Civil Services||Check Here|
|Indian Polity For Civil Services||Check Here|
|INDIAN ECONOMY For Civil Services||Check Here|
|A Brief History o f Modern India||Check Here|
|History of medieval India & History of Modern India||Check Here|
|Orient BlackSwan School Atlas – 8th Edition||Check Here|
|Certificate Physical And Human Geography||Check Here|
UPPSC Syllabus 2022 PDF in English and Hindi
It is explained in full detail about 2022 which you can read as well as download
1.UPPSC Prelims Syllabus
1.UPPSC Prelims Syllabus: Paper I
- Current Events of National and International Importance: On current events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
- Indian History: Ancient, Medieval, Modern: History should emphasize a comprehensive understanding of the social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, candidates are expected to have a brief view of the nature and character of the freedom movement, the growth of nationalism and the attainment of independence.
- Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and World: Only general understanding of the subject will be expected in World Geography. The questions on Geography of India will be related to the physical, social and economic geography of India.
- Indian Governance and Polity: It contains details of Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, Questions will test the knowledge of the country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of economic policy in India and Indian culture Political system, Constitution, Public Policy, Panchayati Raj, rights issues, etc.
- Social and Economic Development: Sustainable Development, Poverty Inclusion, Demography, Social Sector Initiatives, etc. General issues on environmental ecology, biodiversity and climate change – which do not require subject expertise.
- Environmental Ecology, Climate Change and Biodiversity – General Issues that do not require subject specialization: The questions will be in relation to the problems and relationship between population, environment and urbanization. General Issues on Environment Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – which do not require subject specialization, candidates are expected to have a general awareness of the subject
2.UPPSC Prelims Syllabus: Paper 2
- Interpersonal Skills (including Communication Skills)
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- and Decision Making
- General Mental Ability
- Elementary Mathematics (Class X Level – Algebra, Statistics, Geometry and Arithmetic):
- General English (Class X Level)
- General Hindi (Class X Level)
2.UPPSC Syllabus Mains
The essay question paper will have three sections. Candidates have to select one topic from each section and they have to write an essay in 700 words on each topic. In three sections, the topics of the essay will be based on the following area
- Section-A : Literature and Culture, Social Sector, Political Sector.
- Section-B : Science, Environment and Technology, Economic Sector Agriculture, Industry and Trade.
- Section-C : National and International Events, Natural Calamities, Landslides, Earthquakes, Floods, Droughts, etc. National Development Programs and Projects
General Studies – I
- History of Indian Culture Covering major aspects of art forms, literature and architecture from ancient to modern times Will do
- Modern Indian History (from A.D.1757 to A.D. 1947): Important Events, Personalities and Issues, etc.
- Freedom Struggle- Its various phases and important contributors/contributions from different parts of the country.
- Integration and reorganization within the country after independence (till 1965 AD).
- The history of the world will include events from the 18th century to the middle of the 20th century, such as the French Revolution of 1789, the Industrial Revolution, the World War, the redefinition of national boundaries, socialism, Nazism, fascism, etc.—their forms and effects of society.
- Salient features of Indian society and culture.
- Role of women in society and women organization, population and related issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Meaning of liberalization, privatization and globalization and their effects on economy, politics and social structure.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism and secularism.
- Distribution of the world’s major natural resources – water, soil, forests with special reference to India – in the context of South and South-East Asia. Factors responsible for the location of industries (with special reference to India).
- The main features of physical geography are earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic activity, cyclones, ocean currents, winds and glaciers.
- India’s marine resources and their potential.
- Human migration-refugee problem of the world with focus on India.
- Boundaries and boundaries with reference to the Indian subcontinent.
- Population and Settlements- Types and Patterns, Urbanization, Smart Cities and Smart Villages.
- Special knowledge of Uttar Pradesh – History, culture, art, architecture, festivals, folk-dances, literature, regional languages, heritage, social customs and tourism.
- Specific knowledge of UP- Geography- Human and Natural Resources, Climate, Soil, Forest, Wildlife, Mines and Minerals, Sources of Irrigation
General Studies – II
- Constitution of India- Historical Basis, Development, Features, Amendments, Important Provisions and Infrastructure, Role of the Supreme Court in the development of the basic provisions of the Constitution.
- Functions and Responsibilities of the Union and the States: Issues and challenges relating to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances to the local level and challenges therein.
- Role of Finance Commission in Center-State financial relations.
- Separation of Powers, Dispute Redressal Mechanism and Institutions. Emergence and use of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Comparison of Indian Constitutional Plan with other major democratic countries.
- Parliament and State Legislature- Structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers and privileges and related issues.
- Structure, organization, and functioning of the executive and judiciary: ministries and departments of government, pressure groups, and formal/informal union and their role in politics. Public Interest Litigation (PIL).
- Salient features of the Representation of the People Act.
- Appointment to various constitutional posts, powers, functions and their responsibilities.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies including NITI Aayog, their features and functions.
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and their design, implementation and issues arising out of Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Development Processes- Role of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Self Help Groups (SHGs), various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare schemes for the weaker sections of the population by the Center and the States and the performance of these schemes, mechanisms, laws, institutions and bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these weaker sections.
- Issues related to development and management of social sector/services related to health, education, human resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger, their impact on the political body.
- Important aspects of governance. Transparency and Accountability, e-Governance Applications, Models, Successes, Limits and Capabilities, Citizens, Charter and Institutional Measures.
- Role of civil services in democracy in the context of emerging trends.
- Relations with India and its neighboring countries.
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interest.
- Influence of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests – Indian Diaspora.
- Important international institutions, agencies, their structure, mandate and functioning.
- Special knowledge of Uttar Pradesh in relation to political, administrative, revenue and judicial system.
- Current affairs and events of regional, state, national and international importance.
General Studies – III
- Economic Planning, Objectives and Achievements in India. Role of NITI Aayog, Pursuit of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Issues of poverty, unemployment, social justice and inclusive development.
- Components of the government budget and financial system.
- Major crops, different types of irrigation and irrigation systems, storage, transportation and marketing of agricultural produce, e-technology in helping farmers.
- Issues related to Direct and Indirect Agriculture Subsidies and Minimum Support Prices, Public Distribution System- Objectives, Functionality, Limitations, Reforms, Buffer Stock and Food Security Issues, Technology Mission in Agriculture.
- Food Processing and Related Industries in India- Scope and Importance, Location, Upstream and Downstream Requirements, Supply Chain Management.
- Land reforms in India since independence.
- Effects of liberalization and globalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial development.
- Infrastructure: Energy, ports, roads, airports, railways, etc.
- Science and Technology-Development and application in daily life and National Security, Science and Technology Policy of India.
- Achievements of Indians in Science and Technology, Indigenization of technology. Development of new technologies, transfer of technology, technologies with dual and critical use.
- Awareness in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Space Technology, Computers, Energy Resources, Nanotechnology, Microbiology, Biotechnology. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), and issues related to digital rights.
- Environmental protection and ecosystem, wildlife conservation, biodiversity, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment.
- Disaster, disaster mitigation and management as a non-traditional safety and security challenge.
- Challenges of International Security: Issues of nuclear proliferation, causes and spread of extremism, role of communication networks, media and social networking, basics of cyber security, money laundering and human trafficking.
- India’s internal security challenges: terrorism, corruption, extremism and organized crime.
- Role, types and mandate of security forces, higher defense organizations in India.
- Specific knowledge of the economy of Uttar Pradesh:- Overview of the economy of UP: State budget. Importance of agriculture, industry, infrastructure and material resources. Human resource and skill development. Government programs and welfare schemes.
- Issues in agriculture, horticulture, forestry and animal husbandry.
- Law & Order and Civil Defense with special reference to U.P.
General Studies – IV
- Ethics and the Human Interface: Essence, Determinants and Consequences of Ethics in Human Action, Dimensions of Ethics, Ethics in Private and Public Relations. Human Values- Lessons from the life and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators, the role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values
- Approach: Content, structure, function, its impact, and relationship with thought and behavior, moral and Political outlook, social influence and persuasion
- Aptitude and core values for civil service Integrity, fairness and non-partisanship, impartiality, devotion to public services, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards weaker sections
- Emotional intelligence- Concept and dimensions, its utility , and Applications in Administration and Governance
- Contribution of Ethical Thinkers and Philosophers of India and the World
- Public/Civil Service Values and Ethics in Public Administration: Status and Problems in Government and Private Institutions, Ethical Concerns and Dilemmas, Ethical Guidance, Accountability and Ethical Governance Law, Rules, Regulations and Conscience as Sources, Strengthening Ethical Values in Governance, International Relations and Funding, Ethical Issues in Corporate Governance
- Integrity in Governance: Concept of Public Service, Philosophical Basis of Governance and Integrity, Sharing of Information, and Transparency in Government. Right to Information, Code of Conduct, Code of Conduct, Citizen’s Charter, Work Culture, Quality of Service Delivery, Use of Public Money, Challenges of Corruption
- Case study on above issues
UPPSC Syllabus: Optional Subjects
|Agriculture & Veterinary Science||Arabic||Zoology|
|Political Science & International Relations||Geology||Commerce & Accountancy|
|History||Civil Engineering||Public Administration|
|Social Work||Medical Science||Sociology|
|Mechanical Engineering||Botany||Electrical Engineering|
- UPPSC Syllabus PDF : Check Here
UPPSC Syllabus FAQ
Can we get information about UPPSC Pre + Mains Syllabus 2022 from here can get
Yes, you can get information about UPPSC Pre + Mains Syllabus 2022 from here.
Can we download the UPPSC Syllabus 2022 PDF in Hindi & English from here?
Yes, of course, you can download UPPSC Syllabus 2022 PDF in Hindi & English from here.
Friends, I hope that you have understood this article very well and all the questions related to it in your mind, you must have got proper answer to all those questions but still if you have any other question related to this in your mind then You can ask me in the comment box below, I will definitely answer all your questions.