Preparing for Process Builder Salesforce Interview Questions. Then this article is for you.
- 1 Process Builder Salesforce Interview Questions
- 1.1 1. What is process builder?
- 1.2 2. What should be the condition we need to specify in process builder to specify schedule actions?
- 1.3 3. Is it possible to edit the process once it is activated?
- 1.4 4. How to troubleshoot the errors if any issue comes in process builder?
- 1.5 5. What user permission is required to create edit and view process?
Process Builder Salesforce Interview Questions
1. What is process builder?
The Process Builder is a workflow tool that helps you easily automate your business processes by providing a powerful and user-friendly graphical representation of your process as you build it. The Process Builder’s simple and powerful design allows you to:
- Create your processes using a convenient layout with point-and-click efficiency.
- Create your whole process in one place rather than using multiple workflow rules.
- Create processes by collaborating with different teams in your business.
- Stop using Apex code to automate simple tasks.
Automated processes in the Process Builder are based on records and consist of:
- Criteria that determine when to execute action groups.
- Immediate and scheduled actions to execute when those criteria are met.
Any change that causes a record to match the criteria can automatically trigger the action group.
You can use the more powerful and flexible Process Builder to perform the same actions as workflow. The process builder doesn’t support outbound messages, but you can easily create one yourself with Apex. With the Process Builder, you can:
- Create a record
- Update any related record—not just the record or its parent
- Use a quick action to create a record, update a record, or log a call
- Launch a flow—you can’t schedule this action with workflow
- Send an email
- Post to Chatter
- Submit for approval
2. What should be the condition we need to specify in process builder to specify schedule actions?
Below are 2 conditions:
- Only when record is created
- When record is created or edited and while define criteria select the checkbox for below setting
- Do you want to execute the actions only when specified changes are made to the record?
3. Is it possible to edit the process once it is activated?
No, You need to clone and while cloning you can create new process or create new version.
4. How to troubleshoot the errors if any issue comes in process builder?
Use the error messages that appear in the Process Builder and the emails you receive when a process fails to help solve problems that arise when you’re working with processes. When all else fails, look at the Apex debug logs for your processes.
- Identifying Errors in the Process Builder : The API names for criteria nodes and actions are created in the background. When you create or update processes, you might see error messages that reference those names to help you identify specifically where the problem occurred.
- Errors Received after a Process Starts Evaluating a Record : When a user performs an action that triggers a process (such as creating a record) and that process fails, the user sees a page with this error: “Workflow Action Failed to Trigger Flow.” In addition, the administrator who created the process receives an email with more details.
- Using Debug Logs to Troubleshoot Processes : Use debug logs to find detailed information about your running processes after they finish running. For example, if a process doesn’t seem to trigger when a record meets the process’s criteria, or if you want to understand the sequence of processes being executed
5. What user permission is required to create edit and view process?
“Manage Force.com Flow” AND “View All Data” in profile.
Related Salesforce Interview Question:
- Workflow and Approval Process Salesforce Interview Questions
- Reports and Dashboards Salesforce Interview Questions
- Data Management Salesforce Interview Questions
- Sharing and Security Salesforce Interview Questions
- Process Builder Salesforce Interview Questions
- Custom objects and fields Salesforce Interview Questions
- Validation Rules Salesforce Interview Question
More Salesforce Interview Question: